Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can anyone give me a good summary of the real estate market in Albany, New York?

The NY goverment is in talks about a high speed train line that would connect Albany and possibly some other upstate areas to NYC. I think this would be a major boost for Albany and the real estate market up there. I have been to Albany a few times and honestly I was not very impressed. It seemed like a place in a serious rut. I am curious about the upside potential of Albany in terms of real estate. I want to hear from someone who knows the area a little better. I would appreciate some real insight on the current real estate market, and which areas would benefit the most from a the high speed train. I'm also curious as to which neighborhoods currently in Albany are considered the best to live in and which are considered the worst. Thanks a bunch.